Graphics/Infographics can be used to support a specific message, allowing a faster and easier comprehension.
As the brain processes the images faster, these data also become more readable and appealing.
Graphics combined with valuable content have high chances that it will get the users attention and also remain in their memory for a longer period, while if you only use data that will not stand out or is more difficult to understand or relate.
Keep in mind that when creating these graphic elements, you should always acknowledge the Daimler CI guidelines.
In that way, consider the following:
- Daimler color palette.
- Daimler Daimler CS font.
- Icons from the Daimler icon library.
- Use only 2D graphics.
- Keep in mind the different viewports, concerning text readability.
- Do not use brushed metal background for all types of graphics.
- Additional information about designing graphics can also be found in the DaimlerDesign Navigator.
If you´re designing a graphic/infographic, keep in mind the goals (simplify communication and represent complex data into a simpler form).
These are the composing elements:
- Visual/Design (the colors and the graphics that will grab the users attention).
- Content (statistics, facts or insightful data).
- Knowledge (to convey big part of the information in a easy-to-understand form).
All together they should attract the users attention and answer or clarify a question.
Infographics regarding Daimler´s Structure for 2019 (Our Strategy page)
Infographics regarding Investment in Research and Development (Innovation page)
Infographics regarding diverse Facts and Figures (Case page)